Sunday, September 3, 2006

Finally "Somename"s via Geoserver WFS


I admit it's far from finished, but finally I am moving things along from the time they were stalled a year or so ago in terms of streaming Placenames from a WFS.

As ususal the major straw breaking the camel's back in terms of Placenames is the lack of unicode support on various fronts.

  • Worldwind does not support Unicode Placenames

  • Geoserver 1.3 on CentOS does not support Unicode Fields in Shapefile DBF


These problems only showed up since I started with Brazilian Placenames which have Portuguese characters.

I have made my best effort in these imperfect state of affairs. I hope the Geoserver crew and
the Worldwind rendering crew come to my rescue. Meanwhile you get "Somename"s over Brazil.
Post a Comment