Sunday, January 28, 2007

GDAL PALSAR Complex Driver

About 1 year ago I wrote the ALOS-PALSAR Driver for RAT in IDL. Since then I have replaced IDL with scientific Python in my kit. The objective is to eventually get RAT functions implemented into a Python Based Radar Toolkit which will attract greater developer and user base.

GDAL has a quite usable Python API and is great for getting Geographic Rasters into code for manipulation. So with some help from Frank Warmerdam and following the minimalistic tutorial I wrote a driver for the PALSAR Complex Level 1.1 products. Level 1.5 products are already supported in GDAL via the generic SAR_CEOS driver. I am planning to add the gcp support to the driver next so that polarimetric processing information can be interpreted in real world coordinates.

1 comment:

bluejp said...

Hello. I saw yo were working on the importer module for alos products. I am having big problems trying to import a Palsar image 1.0. I have been for two weeks trying to open it but i get a distorted image on the sides and some strips on and off. Do you know what can be done about it. You can contact me at: bluejp@gmail.com. Thanks.